Thursday, March 11, 2010

look ryhmes with duck if you'll just tilt your head

I feel bad about yesterdays whinetastic post, and so heres a special treat for you....A rant about signing artwork!-sarcasm-
--------
I used to do a little box with my initials in the lower right-hand corner but now...well, it's not like there's a point to doing it, as most of my art doesn't go anywhere more than three feet from my desk. It'd be neat if I had something impressive like some artists do, but my initials, my signature, they're just not that cool. I once had someone tell me (strangely enough, this was right before I started putting my initials in my work too. hmmm...-sarcasm-) that you weren't a real artist until you signed you're work. Weirdest. Substitute. EVAH. But after I had stopped, I realized that by those same standards, you also weren't a real artist until you moved to Paris, sold a maximum of four (but a minimum of one) paintings (and they have to be paintings mind you. No charcoal, pastels, or any other medium is to be used. Even watercolors are frowned on ):<), either had an unrequited love, or a marriage with someone who hated you. And the terminal illness! You also have to have either a terminal or mental illness.

1 comment:

  1. Well, at least you sign your artwork. That's a plus. I'm pretty much in the same boat. I feel like a real artist now, (in the impossible sense that an amateur and unpublished teen CAN be an artist,) but I'm sure the portfolio from my teenage years will be stored on the same shelf as any field trip scrapbook I made in elementary school.

    ReplyDelete