Friday, December 11, 2009

Mah Angst

I tend to get ideas in the middle of the night or just as I'm about to fall asleep. Ideas that I know I will have forgotten by the time I wake up, and so (with the exception of one very, very, confusing night) instead of staying up all night so that I don't forget, I keep I notebook by my bed to record the things in.
~~~
50% of the time, I can only make out half (if at all) of what I wrote.
25% of it is utter nonsense (i.e.-to make it up to lily, just get her some of the tacos from the cat. And I don't know a lily)
15% of it's something I actually needed to remember/a good idea
10% of the time it's something completely random.
~~~
Thursday morning it was of the 10% variety. A poem. I wrote a poem. Wow. I have no words for me.
Thursday, I debated about putting it up here.
Friday, I decided to put it up, so as to not do my homework right away
So here it is, but just a warning. This is full of teenage angst. It's like I poured out my bleeding, misunderstood, heart onto it, and so, if your, like, a teacher or a parent or something you totally won't get it. CAUSE AHM JUST SO MISUNDERSTOOD, YA'KNOW?
so much so that I've added a little quote by Alex Wendzel, who wrote these deep, meaningful, also misunderstood song lyrics:

Yeah!
Nobody seems to care that stuff sucks, yeah...
I'm so angry 'cuz of all my problems...
Oh yeah, high school is stupid and boring...
And hey, guess what? Nothing rhymes with "problems"...

Rock on man, rock on. -nods head appreciatively- and so, with out any further (and misunderstood) ado....
...
...
MAH POEM!

Ah, snow, I love you so,
from my head to my remaining eight toes.

Ah, Winter, I love you dear,
though your penchant to freeze
my blood gives me something to fear.

Ah, Cold, I love you forever and then,
though you may just do this barefoot girl in.

---
ITS LIKE IF MY DARK, TORTURED, AND TOTALLY MISUNDERSTOOD SOUL was poured into this.
ya'know?
...
...
deep...

No comments:

Post a Comment